The Town of St Neots

Location information for the Town of St Neots in the District of Huntingdonshire, Cambridgeshire, England, UK

 

Local Map Location in the County
The local map of St Neots The position of St Neots in the County

Local Information

Community Type

Town 

In the Parish of

St. Neots 

Community Website

St Neots Town Web

 

Look up St Neots on the British Towns and Villages Network

Summary history of St Neots

St Neots is another market-town now the largest town in the county, with a station on the Great Northern railway, nine miles south-south-west from Huntingdon. The market place is a very fine open square, and there is a good market. The church wholly of the Perpendicular period, is one of the finest in the county. St Neots Priory, originally founded by Earl Leofric, and refounded by Lady Roisia de Clare in 1113, was a cell the Abbey of Bec, in Normandy. It was to this priory that they moved the relics of St Neot from Cornwall.