The event location will open in a new window
Paxfest and Fun Dog Show is the Little Paxton Annual Village Fete. Lots of stalls, games, live music, refreshments, BBQ and a beer tent.
Paxfest 2017 will have a 'Shorts and Shades' seaside theme.
The cake competition will be back with a 'Seaside' theme .
All cakes to be edible
No fresh cream to be used. Entry and payment on the day. Cakes to be delivered to Little Paxton Village Hall between 10.30m and 11.30am.
Lots of great prizes including a cake shield trophy.
Entertainment Programme - QEII Playing Field
12 noon - 12.30pm Bedford Pipe Band
12.30pm - 1.00pm Little Paxton School Choir
1.00pm - 1.45pm Porterhouse Jazz 6
1.45pm - 2.30pm Rushden Town Band
2.30pm - 3.00pm Porterhouse Jazz 6
3.00pm - 3.30pm Community Barn Dance with Patti Pitt- NEW
3.30pm - 4.15pm Rushden Town Band
4.15pm - 4.45pm Porterhouse Jazz 6
Mr Marvel Magic Show 2pm to 4pm
NEW for 2017
Mikes Donkeys will be bringing along two beautiful donkeys to provide donkey rides around the field 50p per ride.
There will be a 30 minute community barn dance at 3pm in the main arena. Patti Pitt will provide music and will be the caller to get as many people as possible taking part.
A free fun treasure hunt is being planned for children to find seaside objects.
FUN DOG SHOW CLASSES
The Dog Show will start at 1pm. There will be a 30 min break in the Fun Dog Show at 3pm. There has been a change to some of the dog classes- some new ones have been added.
On the day there will be a dog measuring chart for Small, Medium and Large Dogs to help owners decide which class best suits their dogs.
1. Children s Handling 14 years and under- Sponsored by Ibex Camping
2. Puppies under 1 year - Sponsored by Multsigns
3. Best Rescue or Re Homed Dog- Sponsored by Trophy Pet Foods Peterborough and District Ltd
4. Best Rescue or Re Homed Bitch - Sponsored by Trophy Pet Foods Peterborough and District Ltd
5. Best small dog or bitch - Sponsored by Gasworks
6. Dog or bitch most like its owner- Sponsored by Pampurred Paws
7. Best Cross Bred Dog- Sponsored by Your Dog's Life
8. Best Cross Bred Bitch- Sponsored by Gary Rolt Electrical
9. Best medium size dog or bitch - Sponsored by Arthur Ibbetts Ltd
10. Most Handsome Dog - Sponsored by Hire or Buy Group Ltd
11. Most Prettiest Bitch - sponsored by Hire or Buy Group Ltd
12. Best dog judge would most like to take home - sponsored by Huntree Fencing Ltd
13. Best bitch judge would most like to take home - Sponsored by Pampurred Paws
14. Best large dog or bitch- Sponsored by The Anchor, Little Paxton
15. Championship winners of each class - Sponsored by Kingfisher Independent Funeral Services Ltd
This event has no compulsory entry charges but may have other fund raising objectives or or requests for voluntary contributions. Please confirm with the event organiser prior to attendance if you have any questions.
Tickets Purchasing Information: Free family event.
Cake Competition Adults £1 Children (under 12) 50p
Dog Show Registration £1.50 per dog per class
Non village commercial stalls (non refundable) £25, Village commercial stalls (non refundable) £10, village groups free
Donkey rides 50p
Organised by: Little Paxton Parish Council
The event organisers details will open in a new window
Contact Name and Telephone: Mrs Jenny Gellatly, Parish Clerk on 01480 470193 - (01480 unless stated otherwise)
Contact Email: email@example.com
If you are connected via PC, Laptop or Tablet you can download the vCalendar file and import these event details into your Outlook or other Calendar system. Simply click on the left hand link above and open the file. You calendar system will respond by opening and displaying the information. You can then choose to save it or to discard it as you wish.
If you have a QR Code scanner with your Smart Phone or Tablet you can scan the right hand code image to download a 'vCalendar.vcs' file containing details for Paxfest & Fun Dog Show 2017 direct to your phone or tablet.
We frequently take pictures at the larger events in the town.
As these large events may run over a number of days the early pictures will appear here
If we do take pictures they are available in the archive of Past Events once the event has ended and is no longer displayed here.