The event location will open in a new window
Paxfest and Fun Dog Show is the Little Paxton Annual Village Fete. Lots of stalls, games, live music, refreshments, BBQ and a beer tent.
The theme for Paxfest 2018 is 'Dress to Impress- Garden Party' Hats encouraged
The cake competition will be back with a 'Garden' theme . The childrens cake competition will be cup cakes (minimum 6) with a garden theme.
All cakes to be edible
No fresh cream to be used. Entry and payment on the day. Cakes to be delivered to Little Paxton Village Hall between 10.30m and 11.30am.
All competition cakes will be cut up and everyone offered a slice of cake.
Lots of great prizes including a cake shield trophy.
New for Paxfest 2018 is a Flowers in a jam jar competition.
Bring along a jam jar with a floral display. Entry and payment on the day. The Chairman of the Little Paxton Gardening Club will judge the competition.
Prizes and trophies will be awarded.
Entertainment Programme - QEII Playing Field
12 noon Bedford Pipe Band
12.30pm Little Paxton School Choir
1.00pm Porterhouse Jazz 6
1.45pm Rushden Town Band (Brass band)
2.30pm Porterhouse Jazz 6
3.00pm Bedford Pipe band & Highland dancers
3.30pm Rushden Town Band
4.15pm Porterhouse Jazz 6
4.45pm Event finish
Mr Marvel Magic Show 2pm to 4pm
Mikes Donkeys will be bringing along two beautiful donkeys to provide donkey rides around the field 50p per ride.
A free garden treasure hunt is being planned for children to find objects found in the garden.
FUN DOG SHOW CLASSES
The Dog Show will start at 1pm. There will be a 30 min break in the Fun Dog Show at 3pm. There has been a change to some of the dog classes- some new ones have been added.
On the day there will be a dog measuring chart for Small, Medium and Large Dogs to help owners decide which class best suits their dogs.
1. Childrens Handling 14 years and under Sponsored by Pampurred Paws
2. Puppies under 1 year - Sponsored by The Anchor
3. Best Rescue or Re Homed Dog - Sponsored by Kingfisher Independent Funeral Services
4. Best Rescue or Re Homed Bitch - Sponsored by Osborne Appointments
5. Best small dog or bitch - Sponsored by Arthur Ibbett Ltd
6. Dog or bitch most like its owner - Sponsored by Pampurred Paws
7. Best Cross-Bred Dog - Sponsored by Hire or Buy Group Ltd
8. Best Cross-Bred Bitch - Sponsored by Ibex Camping
9. Best medium size dog or bitch - Sponsored by Multisigns
10. Most Handsome Dog - Sponsored by Martin Hill Dog Photography
11. Most Prettiest Bitch - Sponsored by Ibex Camping
12. Best handbag dog or bitch - Sponsored by Arthur Ibbett Ltd
13. Best large dog or bitch - Sponsored by Tim Neill Gardens
14. Dog Agility - Sponsored by Osborne Appointments
15. Best Senior (age 7 plus) dog or bitch -
16. Championship (winners of each class) - Sponsored by Vets4Pets, St.Neots
This event has no compulsory entry charges but may have other fund raising objectives or or requests for voluntary contributions. Please confirm with the event organiser prior to attendance if you have any questions.
Tickets Purchasing Information: Free family event.
Cake Competition Adults £1 Children (under 12) 50p
Dog Show Registration £1.50 per dog per class
Non village commercial stalls (non refundable) £25, Village commercial stalls (non refundable) £10, village groups free
Donkey rides 50p
Organised by: Little Paxton Parish Council
The event organisers details will open in a new window
Contact Name and Telephone: Mrs Jenny Gellatly, Parish Clerk on 01480 470193 - (01480 unless stated otherwise)
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are connected via PC, Laptop or Tablet you can download the vCalendar file and import these event details into your Outlook or other Calendar system. Simply click on the left hand link above and open the file. You calendar system will respond by opening and displaying the information. You can then choose to save it or to discard it as you wish.
If you have a QR Code scanner with your Smart Phone or Tablet you can scan the right hand code image to download a 'vCalendar.vcs' file containing details for Paxfest & Fun Dog Show 2018 direct to your phone or tablet.
We frequently take pictures at the larger events in the town.
As these large events may run over a number of days the early pictures will appear here